Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A year from now you will wish you started today. Don't wait. Don't delay. Start writing today!
Don't make the same mistake I made. And whatever you do don't let that passion get away. whatever it takes; keep writing!

I wrote eight novels over the course of ten years and stopped due to an overwhelming amount of rejections and returned to work in education instead. However, my love of writing never waned, even though I believe you can do anything you set your mind to,  I just couldn’t deal with the rejections anymore. I know it’s all part of the game. I thought I had a tough hide, though it evidently softened as the rejections piled up. I happened to see a writer that I admire on the Piers Morgan show from March 2011 on YouTube and thanks to the encouragement displayed there, I found my passion for writing again and am working on a third novel. I am still receiving rejection letters, but thanks to her passion for writing, this time I aim not to give up. I aspire to be published, though whether I get published or not this time, I found my passion for writing again and that was because of this writer. I love writing, I have to write and I don’t see myself doing anything else, and don’t think I would have gone back to it at all if not for that little bit of encouragement “about having passion for something”  I heard on that talk show.  Thank you to Miss Jackie Collins. "Girls can do anything!"
Women can do anything and a great deal of the time can do it better than men.

No comments:

Post a Comment